Released in 1993 when all RPG games were on turn based combat systems Secret of Mana came up with real time battles and three players team. Now the game is back again with a remake and enhanced sound tracks as well as new narrative bits to make the experience all the more immersive. New voice overs, new graphics, new track list, same fantastic RPG experience. Additional gameplay adjustments include auto-saving and improved AI controls.
The game is a part of Square Enix’s plan to bring modern updates to old games, the most anticipated being Final Fantasy VII.
“We will revitalize some of our strong IPs in ways that meet the needs of the modern gaming market,” they said in a 2015 annual report. “For example, we will take an IP developed for earlier generations of game consoles and recreate it for the latest consoles, while also proactively developing versions for play on smart devices.”
The game follow the story of Randi,Primm, and Popoi where they fight an evil empire to get back the power of Manato restore the old world.
- Moogle Suit DLC - Equippable armor that can be used in game. This special piece of equipment also changes the appearance of the characters.
- Tiger Two Piece DLC -Equippable armor that can be used in game. This special piece of equipment also changes the appearance of Primm.
- Tiger Suit DLC - Equippable armor that can be used in game. This special piece of equipment also changes the appearance of Randi and Popoi.
- Custom downloadable wallpaper (sizes: 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1920 x 1080, 2560 x 1600)
- 3D Graphics - Revamped visuals for the entire game; a vivid, Mana-filled world rebuilt in 3D!
- Upgraded Gameplay - The original system has been reworked in an effort to realize a modern action RPG with improved gameplay.
The Secret of Mana Remake is only available on the PlayStation 4, Vita, and PC. However, the original game has been ported to the Wii, Wii U, mobile devices, and SNES Classic Edition.